I am a private chef, caterer and cooking instructor and I'm passionate about all things that make life better, beautiful and more tasteful. Please enjoy the videos found below. I hope you will find them informative and fun.
Comfort Food and Easy Entertaining
As a private chef, caterer and cooking instructor I am often asked "What do you enjoy cooking when you're at home on a weeknight or entertaining guests at your table?" I started this blog to answer that question. Here I will share with all of you the recipes that I find delicious and comforting. Many of the recipes are my own versions of classic dishes, some are contemporary twists on old ideas, and some are discoveries I made while perusing my grandmother’s vast collection of cookbooks dating back to the early 1900’s. Please enjoy these videos. I have also included links to some of the published articles I have written recently. Please feel free to comment here or email me directly with any questions, comments or general thoughts. My email address and information on my catering, private chef and private cooking classes can be found on my website: www.portlandcomfortfood.com
Personal Chef Service and Pricing With packages for individuals, couples and families Scott offers Personal Chef services suitable for any budget or lifestyle!
Gourmet Every Day! If you’re like most people, the two things that would improve your life are to have more time for yourself, your family and friends and to have the peace of mind that comes from knowing you’re doing everything you can to maintain your health. And, if you’re like most people, you’re probably pressed for time at the end of your work day so you turn to fast or frozen foods and don’t eat a healthy, well balanced meal. Scott Hargrove is based in Beaverton and serving the Portland area, can give you back your time and provide you and your family with a nutritious, gourmet meal every day. I do all the grocery shopping, nutritional consulting, and then prepares scratch, gourmet meals with easy to follow serving instructions, right in your own kitchen… and all for about the same cost as dining out!
For questions or to schedule me to become your personal chef please contact me at -- email@example.com.
1. Introductory Service 8 portions total (8 meals for one, 4 meals for two, 2 meals for four). Includes 2 entrées, four portions each with side dishes. Ideal for sampling our Personal Chef Services with minimal cost or as a gift for someone special! :: Package Price: $145 ($18.13/meal) ::
2. Light Service 10 portions total. (10 meals for one, 5 meals for two). Includes 5 entrées, two portions each with side dishes. Perfect if you’re looking variety in your menu! A couple can eat well for a week with this package! :: Package Price: $275 ($27.50/meal) ::
3. Custom 3-Serving 15 portions total. (15 meals for one, 5 meals for three). Includes 5 entrées, three portions each with side dishes. Great for families of three looking for variety or a couple who wants an extra serving for lunch the next day. :: Package Price: $310 ($20.67/meal) ::
4. Standard Service 20 portions total. (20 meals for one, 10 meals for two, or 5 meals for four). Includes 5 entrées, four portions of each with side dishes. Our most popular package. A family of four can eat gourmet every day for an entire week or a couple can eat well for two weeks with this service! :: Package Price: $350 ($17.50/meal) ::
5. Custom 6-Serving 30 portions total. (30 meals for one, 10 meals for three). Includes 5 entrées, six portions each with side dishes. This package is perfect for families of three looking for two weeks of meals. :: Package Price: $435 ($14.50/meal) ::
5. Large Service 40 portions total (40 meals for one, 20 meals for two, 10 meals for four). Includes 5 entrées, eight portions each, with side dishes. Perfect for larger families or if you if you frequently entertain guests. A family of four can eat well for two weeks with this package, or a couple can have enough dinners for a month! :: Package Price: $515 ($12.88/meal) ::
Can’t quite find the package that seems to fit your needs? Need something different than you see on this page? I would be happy to tailor-make a package to suit your needs. Prices will be subject to complexity and ratio of menu items/number of portions and fluctuating cost of groceries.